Monday evening, Donald Trump signed SR Res 34, a bill to slash the FCC’s Internet privacy rules and allow Internet Service Providers like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T to monitor, collect, and sell the details of their customers’ Internet activity to advertisers.
A couple cyber privacy tips:
1. Use DuckDuckGo instead of Google.
2. Do not store personal health info, wallet info or any purchases on your smart phone.
3. Shop via telephone, in person, and/or on your malware protected computer whenever possible.
4. Report all robo calls to: http://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2 It’s fast, free, and does not require a user account.
5. Call your congresspersons and object to Trump’s bill. www.vanow.org/represent